Poké Ball Snuffle Mat
This mat is handmade and measures 12x16 inches with 336 anti-pill fleece pieces doubled over and tied resulting in 4 inches long fleece to give the mat lots of hiding places for kibbles or treats.
WHAT IS A SNUFFLE MAT?
A snuffle mat works your pet’s nose and brain to hunt, track, burrow, and sniff. They were made to WORK! Nose work or snuffling capitalises on this natural desire to sniff. Snuffle Mats are an interactive enrichment puzzle, used to help refine search and find skills along with many positive results including;
- Encouraging attentive play
- Slows down food gobbling
- Mentally stimulating and boredom-busting
- Ideal for pets on restricted exercise
- Can be used for behaviour modification training
- May help reduce stress
- Energy zapping!
- Regular practise greatly benefits dogs lacking in confidence
- Great for puppies who are just learning about mental enrichment
- Use with older dogs who can’t physically manage playing with other food dispensing toys.
- When leaving dogs alone, leave them with the treat mat to give them something to focus on in your absence
- Fantastic for dogs on restricted exercise as a result of surgery or recovery from injury.
- In certain situations, e.g. handling or grooming, it can be used to reduce anxiety.
Use your dog’s daily food allowance if fed on a dry diet, or use chopped up carrot or apple if concerned about calorie intake. This treat mat doesn’t just have to be used with treats!
For cats, I sprinkle catnip on the mat and also hide treats or kibble for them.
- Wash in gentle cycle
- Air Dry